alexandra

alexandra
-

Sunday, 16 October 2016

Perhaps it is not necessary to realize all of one’s dreams, but it is indeed necessary to rely on them....

I wondered whether I should call you, but for what reason would I do so? I would, nevertheless, like to see You. Sometimes I wonder what our life would have been like if we had lived it together?  Or perhaps I am not asking myself this, as if I already knew, up to the minutest detail, each moment of it; as if we had already, long ago, lived through it all…
I would certainly like to see you, for it is not at all the same to tread on the ground as it is to fly aloft through the sky. 
Like some distant light on top of the waves, as from a poem by Tagore, you shine before my eyes from whatever and everything that my gaze is fixed upon in the deep darkness. There is so much of you and your presence in my eyes so that sometimes I feel such a great discomfort when I catch a glimpse of my own eyes in the mirror :)You are the key to the cell where my soul resides.  Whenever you appear the door opens and freedom enters inside.....

No comments: