alexandra

alexandra
-

Sunday, 13 September 2015

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains....


Since I remember I’ve always been in love with the mountains. They’ve always been with me, even in my earliest childhood. There is no such sense of solitude as that which we experience upon the silent and vast elevations of great mountains. Lifted high above the level of human sounds and habitations, among the wild expenses and colossal features of nature, we are thrilled in our loneliness with a strange fear and elation – an ascent above the reach of life's expectations or companionship, and the rumblings of a wild and undefined misgivings...
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of autumn....
When the wind calls, you know, that somewhere in the mountains, it has found the answers that you were looking for. The pull of the horizon overcomes the inertia of reason…And you just have to go...
The stillness of the lake brings peace to my soul. In this stillness my mind becomes empty and my heart becomes full. If  mountains have eyes, they would wake to find two strangers which  falling in love...

No comments: